Arcade Pray . . .
Monday, August 28, 2006
  My First Official Week as YOUR Senior Pastor
ARCADE CHURCH

August 25, 2006

Dear Arcade Family:

It is with great excitement that I write today in my first official week as your Senior Pastor. I am so thankful to God for the past two years and how He has used so many different occasions to stretch me and grow me. I have definitely felt God molding me for a time such as this. It is true that God causes all things for good, even when the road seemed cloudy and unsure. I want to personally thank all those who have supported my leadership over the past years and have been committed to praying for me and my family. I urge you all to fall face down and continue in intense prayer for Gods direction and movement in the future. We will be committed to listening to Gods voice and then following His lead. As I write this, I look up at my idea boards in my office and read, You cannot go faster than the one who is leading. This is a constant reminder that God is the leader of this church and we will follow Him.

Please pray for our staff as we listen to God and clearly develop exactly how and where to move from here. Pray for us as we dig into relationship with Jesus at a deeper, more intimate level and evaluate our current spiritual health. It is crucial that we are healthy so that we may lead others into a more vibrant, healthy relationship with Jesus.

Jake Larson (Vanessa & Cade)
Senior Pastor
Arcade Church
Sacramento, CA

P.S.

We are pleased to announce that Pastor Jake Larson has been approved by 84% as Senior Pastor of Arcade Church.

We had 664 members vote and of the 664 votes counted, 564 were YES and 100 were NO, with 1 as abstention.

Thank you to each of you that placed your votes this week. We love each and everyone of you! You are all important to the purpose and plan of God at Arcade. Please pray for His life to deepen in each of our lives, that we would all group in the Word and Prayer and become ALL He wants.

Please pray for the Pastor Jake, the pastoral team, and the Elders as the other Interim positions at Arcade are be filled in the near future. Especially pray for the Children's Ministry Director and Worship Pastor positions. -- Elder Board
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: 3927 Marconi Ave, Sacramento, CA 95821, 916-972-1617

"But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Mt 6:33

Jake Larson, Lead Pastor

Archives
August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / October 2008 /

...from the roofs of downtown Sacramento.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Site Meter